Saturday, February 25, 2006

Olympic Fever

With only a day and a half left in the 2006 Winter Olympics, I'm not feeling the sadness I thought I would with the impending ending, but rather increased excitement for 2010. The Canadian athletes have performed exceedingly well, and look like they've set themselves up for a fantastic 2010 in Vancouver. Obviously the major dissapointment was the Mens Hockey, but we shouldn't let that failure over shadow the great accomplishments of so many. I'm not entirely convinced that speed skater Cindy Klassen isn't an android. Honestly, she's scooped up 5 medals. 5! 1 Gold, 2 Silver, and 2 Bronze. It's the best single Olympic performance ever by a Canadian. By the way, she's only 23 so expect more big things in 4 years. Cindy has the potential to put the all time medal count by a Canadian way out of reach. I for one can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home