Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Busy Time

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I've been keeping busy heading down to the states twice (once to Boston/New Hampshire, and once to Indiana). Both were for drumming. Boston was a nightmare. The drumming was fine, and I got to hit two cigar shops (nice haul), but my flight was cancelled on the Sunday night because of a good ole Nor'Easter, and I was stuck for two more days. It actually ended up working out well as my good friend Kitten Hanks came to visit on the Monday. Indiana provided another Cigar shop, and Cold Stones. Cold Stones is an ice cream joint. The staff sing (Cold stones, blah blah Cold stones (sung to the Flinstones theme song)) and make some damn good ice cream. Basically they scoop out your ice cream and throw it on this giant frozen cold slab. There they mix in any toppings or extra added goodies that accompany the flavour you have picked. Everything is tossed together kind of like a salad and then put into either a cone, bowl, or waffle bowl (best option imho). Here's hoping that cold stones feels the need to expand into Ontario sometime soon.

The NHL playoffs are in full swing. So far my two predicted finalists, the San Jose Sharks and the Buffalo Sabres are looking pretty good. The Toronto Raptors on the other hand are not looking so hot in the NBA playoffs. It doesn't actually surprise me. I figured it would be close and had Toronto winning in 7 games, but they've looked so flat at times, and are just letting the Nets get out to big leads. Champions League football (soccer) was today and Liverpool has made it through to the final knocking out the hated Chelsea in a shootout. Lets hope AC Milan can knock off Man U tomorrow at home. And how about that NFL draft? Not a lot of surprises, save Brady Quinn. What was Miami thinking taking Ted Ginn Jr. #9???? Man, do I hope that comes back to haunt them. Cleveland managing to land Quinn and Joe Thomas is absolutely amazing and was one of the best moves by a GM at the draft in years. Go Browns.

In Poker news Juan Carlos Mortenson has won the WPT Championship. He becomes the first person to have won the WPT Championship and the World Series of Poker Main Event. Well done my Spanish brother.

In fat news, 2 of my friends and I are now in a weight loss contest. The winner is the first person to lose 50 lbs. In the official weigh in which took place yesterday I weighed in at 291 lbs. So I need to get to 241 to win. That's basically the weight I got down to and sustained for 2 years, so I'm confident I can do it. Sorry Taco Bell, I'm gonna be away for a while.

The best cigar I've smoked recently was a Padilla 1932 Signature Series Toro. It's not cheap for a non Cuban ($12.50 US), but was worth every penny. I'm definitely gonna be looking into picking up some more. As well, I'm looking forward to trying the other highly rated brand by Padilla, the Miami 8 & 11. Both the 1932, and the 8 & 11 are blends by Jose Pepin Garcia, basically the biggest thing going right now, outside of Cuba.

I wish I had a video of me singing "Don't Fear the Reaper" from karaoke on Friday night. It was seriously good, complete with "air" cowbell.

Anyway, hockey is on. Bizzle Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home