Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sounds of the 80's

Well, I've been working on my biggest list ever, ranking my favourite 200 songs from the 80's. There has been extensive research, and a ridiculous amount of time listening/watching songs on youtube. The songs have been picked, but not yet ranked. Except for the top 25 that is. And I can't wait any longer to post them. So, I now present, G-Bizzle's top 25 songs of the 80's.


25. Walk Like An Egyptian-The Bangles

24. Never Gonna Give You Up-Rick Astley

23. Billie Jean-Michael Jackson

22. Jack And Dianne-John Cougar

21. Smooth Criminal-Michael Jackson

20. Sunday Bloody Sunday-U2

19. Rio-Duran Duran

18. Gloria-Laura Branigan

17. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For-U2

16. Africa-Toto

15. Forever Young-Alphaville

14. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues-Elton John

13. Another One Bites the Dust-Queen

12. Another Day In Paradise- Phil Collins

11. Against All Odds-Phil Collins

10. Islands in the Stream-Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

9. Livin on a Prayer-Bon Jovi

8. You Make My Dreams-Hall and Oates

7. Radio GaGa-Queen

6. Heat of the Moment-Asia

5. Invisible Touch-Genesis

4. Don't Stop Believin-Journey

3. All I Want Is You-U2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-TssRlmmBE

2. Your Love-The Outfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pQOkLTdFo

1. Under Pressure-Queen and David Bowie

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

This is not as horrible as I was lead to believe. My complaints:

- "Another Day in Paradise"? "In the Air Tonight" is from the 80s after all.
- "Smooth Criminal" is not one of the 10 best songs that Michael Jackson released in the decade, let alone one of the top 25 songs of the decade.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

Smooth Criminal is my personal favourite. There were way more Michael songs that the critics would consider better, but that one is my fav. Same with Phil. In the Air Tonight is good, and appears on the list somewhere, but it's just not my favourite, infact I'm gonna have a few more before I get to it, including "Don't Lose My Number", and "No Reply At All" which was a Genesis song.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home