Sunday, December 02, 2007

College Football Chaos

Well folks, I don't know what else to say. Once again, for the 3rd time this year, the number 1 and 2 teams have both lost on the same day. This time it has really screwed things up. I had anticipated Missouri losing to Oklahoma, but West Virginias loss to Pittsburgh is the one that's really ruined everything. There's now about 5 teams that can make legitimate cases to be number 2 and get a National title shot. I've thought long and hard about who I would make number 2, but in the end it was a fairly easy decision. The National Polls had Georgia ahead of LSU this week, and now they don't know whether to have LSU jump back over the Bulldogs. I, on the other hand, never moved Georgia above LSU. So for me, it's easy LSU will move back up to number 2. I really wanted it to be Oklahoma. For one, they are one of my 3 favourite teams, but that's not why, I have to be impartial. I really think they are playing good football, they just beat the number 1 team in the country, and probably wouldn't have lost to Texas Tech if their QB had not gone down. So for me the decision for number 2 was between Oklahoma, who is coming off of the biggest quality win, and LSU. It was close, but I've got to go with LSU (even though I don't want to, Les Miles is a jack ass).

So, my final rankings before the Bowls look like this:

25. Tennessee (9-4)
24. Cincinnati (9-3)
23. Boise St. (10-2)
22. Brigham Young (10-2)
21. Texas Tech (8-4)
20. Auburn (8-4)
19. South Florida (9-3)
18. Wisconsin (9-3)
17. Virginia (9-3)
16. Clemson (9-3)
15. Texas (9-3)
14. Boston College (10-3)
13. Illinois (9-3)
12. Arizona St. (10-2)
11. West Virginia (10-2)
10. Hawaii (12-0)
9. Florida (9-3)
8. Missouri (11-2)
7. Kansas (11-1)
6. USC (10-2)
5. Virginia Tech (11-2)
4. Georgia (10-2)
3. Oklahoma (11-2)
2. LSU (11-2)
1. Ohio St. (11-1)


The final thing to touch on is the BCS bowl selections and how they may look this afternoon when they're announced. The biggest winner right now from my viewpoint is Illinois. With my predicted title game of Ohio St.-LSU, the Rose Bowl will get first selection to replace the Buckeyes. Previously I had the Rose taking Georgia over Illinois, but this was when the Sugar Bowl had not lost their champion to the title game. In my scenario they will. Not wanting to step on any toes, I think the Rose will allow the Sugar to grab Georgia, sticking with their SEC connection, and the Rose will now stick with it's Big Ten connections and take Illinois. Biggest loser, besides Missouri, will be Arizona State. West Virginia still won the Big East, and therefore still has to get a BCS berth. With the changes in place at the top there're now more deserving teams, and Arizona St is screwed. So we have:

National Title Game- Ohio State vs. LSU

Rose Bowl- USC vs. Illinois

Sugar Bowl- Georgia vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl- Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma vs. West Virginia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home