Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Music

As we're getting closer to the end of the year, I've begun thinking about what might win my annual Song of the Year award. I then realised that for the past 2 years I've had a blog I haven't bothered to put up my song of the year list. So Starting today we're going to go all the way back to 2002, work our way through the years, and finishing with the 2007 list which will be unveiled in December. There is one disclaimer, trying to figure out what year to use a song in can be annoying. Like, if the album came out in 2001, but the single got airplay in 2002, what year would it go in? (I say 2002). Tougher still is what to do with a song that gets released at the end of one year, but makes it big at the start of the following year. Again tough call. So basically, don't complain about the dates. Just enjoy the list.


2002 Song of the Year

8. The Middle-Jimmy Eat World

7. Complicated-Avril Lavigne

6. Somewhere Out There-Our Lady Peace

5. This Train Don't Stop There Anymore-Elton John

4. Beautiful Mess-Diamond Rio

3. Work It-Missy Elliot

2. By the Way-Red Hot Chili Peppers

1. Landslide-The Dixie Chicks



2003 Song of the Year

11. Swing, Swing-The All American Rejects

10. In Da Club-50 Cent

9. Bring Me To Life-Evanescence

8. Unwell-Matchbox 20

7. P.I.M.P-50 Cent

6. Gossip Folks-Missy Elliot

5. Ignition (Remix)-R.Kelly

4. Such Great Heights-The Postal Service

3. Crazy in Love-Beyonce, ft. Jay Z

2. Where is the Love?-Black Eyed Peas

1. Hey Ya-Outkast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, you made me read your website for this? You mistakenly have R.Kelly and Matchbox 20 in your top 10 songs of 2003.

So how long have you liked men?

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Christ, I guess I should of read the whole post and the 2002 list.

Ever heard of 'Hott In Heere' by Nelly? How about 'Get The Party Started' by Pink? Big points would of been awarded for 'Days Gone By' by Dirty Vegas. But I can not award any points for this list.

You disappoint me, sir.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home