Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cereal Characters

Cereal Characters are as familiar as any Saturday morning cartoon character. Many have come and gone over the years, but there are quite a few that are true Legends. I now present my favourite Cereal Characters of all time.
18. Yummy Mummy

One of the Cereal Monsters, Yummy Mummy is probably the least well known. Nowadays "Yummy Mummy" has a slightly different meaning. I love Yummy Mummies.
17. Fruit Brute

Ladies and Gentleman, this is a Werewolf, wearing Green, Orange, and Pink overalls. Nuff Said.

16. Officer Crumb, Cookie Crook, Chip the Dog

Why they got rid of these guys I'll never know. Definitely some of the best commercials.

15. Jean Lafoote

The first Pirate on our list. Jean Lafoote was the archenemy of Cap'N Crunch. His own cereal didn't last too long, but come on, Pirates rock, and he was an evil pirate to boot. I bet that Cinnamon Crunch was tasty too.

14. Quisp

I had never heard of Quisp cereal in my life until I started collecting Wacky Wobblers, and I saw this guy. That is one damn cool mascot. Check out the ray gun on the box. Sweet! And it comes with a free comic? Double Sweet!

13. Frankenberry
The third Cereal Monster on the list. What's not to love about a pink Frankenstein variant? I'm not the biggest Strawberry flavour fan in the world, but he sure looks cool.

12. Boo Berry

Now this is a cereal I wish I had actually been able to try (and apparently you can still order it from General Mills). Boo had a lot going for him. Besides being a ghost which is always cool, he was a ghost with a hat and bow tie. That is the shit man. I'm not kidding, I would wear that hat around if I had it. Boo Berry is the 2nd last of the Cereal Monsters on the list. The final one appears in the top 10.

11. Sugar Bear

Sugar Bear was the epitome of cool. Look at that stance. He's basically saying "Yeah, I'm the man. All you kids are gonna eat my cereal. It's full of sugar. So what if it's not good for you". And check out the Jackson 5 on the box. This guy rolled with all the big stars of the time. Tito, Jermaine, Black Michael. Sugar Bear rocks.
Check back tomorrow for the top 10.

2 Comments:

Blogger carroll atlee hardin cadden said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:55 PM  
Blogger carroll atlee hardin cadden said...

(Sorry if this posts twice) Do your favorite cereal characters match up with your favorite cereal tastes?

Lots of stuff we never had in the U.S.: Yummy Mummy and Cinnamon Crunch are two examples.

All I can say is "Go Lucky Charms!" They've gotten out of control with all their marshmallow charms, but...umm umm...those marbits taste good!

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home