Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Times

Ah, the Hot humid Summer weather is starting. I had a two month stretch where it was nice to sit outside and smoke a cigar. Not too clod, not too hot. Now it's 30 outside, and I sweat like a hooded rapist.

Sports are in full swing and everything is right in the world. The Blue Jays are average, The Leafs haven't played in months, and Americans stink it up at the French Open. In Basketball everything is going swimmingly. Except for my hometown Raptors, I've had the same favourite team in the NBA for going on 10 years; The San Antonio Spurs. I love Tim Duncan. He's the best player in basketball and I've been preaching this forever. He may not be flashy like Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, but he gets the job done. He scores, he defends, he rebounds, he passes, he blocks, all while being humble and in general a great person. San Antonio is in the Finals yet again, now awaiting the winner of the Cleveland/Detroit series. I don't see either of these teams knocking off the Spurs. It'll be one more feather in the cap of the NBA's best player.

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey!! Everyone in Canada was so pumped about the Ottawa Senators making it to the Stanley Cup Final. And how've they done so far?? Stunk it up! My Ducks are teaching them Playoff hockey should be played. Grinding tough play. Awesome on the forcheck and back check. Their defense has been superb, and what more can be said about the goalkeeping of J.S. Giguere?? Top Notch. If the Ducks can get a win in Ottawa, the series will be over in game 5 in Anaheim. Oh yeah, FU Senators.

It's been suggested that I add more social commentary to the blog. So with that said... What's the deal with old women and hats??? Seriously, hats to old women are like plaid shirts to truckers. I've seen some of the stupidest hats of my life on old grannies heads. There's this one woman in town who must own 30 different hats. And they're all ugly. Plus she's ugly. So the whole package is very ugly. And the make up she wears. Ugghhh. Old people and make up shall be my next rant.

Now lets talk about something positive. I was down in the states this past weekend. It was a road trip. Which meant a few stops at gas stations. I was again reminded of the Americans love of all things jerky!! It's fantastic. You go in the gas station store and there's an entire jerky section. Beef Jerky, Turkey Jerky, about 50 different kinds of pepperoni sticks, "Beef" sticks (I use the term beef loosely), Little packs that come with a beef stick and cheese. I wish Canadians could be more like the Americans when it comes to our love of pre-packaged meat products. This is my favourite section, followed by the pre-packaged cakes section. Cupcakes, Ho-Ho's and Ding Dongs a plenty. And of course...The Twinkie. When I look at that Twinkie package it's as if Twinkie the Kid looks right back at me and gives me a little wink. "Hi old Friend" he'll say "welcome back". I love you Kid.


In Real big news the World Series of Poker starts tomorrow. 55 tournaments are scheduled this year. My friends and I are doing a Fantasy pool and I'll try and keep everyone updated with how my team is doing.

Bizzle Out

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude I laughed for about an hour when I read two comments from the blog. Here they are: and I sweat like a hooded rapist. This has to be a top 5 canidate for the best of Grahams quotes. To fuckin funny man! The other was: When I look at that Twinkie package it's as if Twinkie the Kid looks right back at me and gives me a little wink. "Hi old Friend" he'll say "welcome back". I love you Kid.
Graham keep up the good work! To funny................

P.S you should yank your best quotes through the year and have a readers poll!

Ryan Barr

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home