Thursday, November 15, 2007

Best of 2004

Continuing the Song of the Year series we arrive at 2004. Where 2003 was dominated by Hip Hop, 2004 for me was more about the good ole Rock. I'm also gonna throw my best album list in here.

Best Album 2004
5. Scissor Sisters-Scissor Sisters
4. Franz Ferdinand-Franz Ferdinand
3. Hot Fuss-The Killers (for the record, this is my favourite band of the past 7 years or so)

2. The College Dropout-Kanye West

1. American Idiot-Green Day

Song of the Year 2004

15. Matinee-Franz Ferdinand

14. Family Business-Kanye West

13. Are You Gonna Be My Girl-Jet

12. My Happy Ending-Avril Lavigne

11. Somewhere Only We Know-Keane

10. Somebody Told Me-The Killers

9. Through the Wire-Kanye West

8. Take Your Mama-Scissor Sisters

7. White Houses-Vanessa Carlton

6. Take Me Out-Franz Ferdinand

5. American Idiot-Green Day

4. Us-Regina Spektor

3. Jesus Walks-Kanye West

2. Mr.Brightside-The Killers
1. Live Like You Were Dying-Tim McGraw
Lets hear your opinions in the comments section, and also what you think might be song of the year for 2007.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2004 is the year I got my iPOD so I stopped listening to new music.

That being said, I am sure there was a better song out there then Tim McGraw.

Tim McGraw gets points for his wife. You are awarded none.

(BTW ... Usher, Lil Jon, Luda - Yeah!, Hoobastank - The Reason, Jay-Z Dirt Of Your Shoulder would of all been acceptable with Tipsy by J-Kwon scoring an immediate victory).

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graham,

The Departed Soundtrack..specifically the Van Morrison version of The Pink Floyd tune..Comfortable Numb..Its off the charts...BTW its what was on the radio when Christopher got killed (murdered) on the Sopranos

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home