Monday, May 22, 2006

So Dark the Con of Man

I guess it's time for an update. Last week was extremely busy. Being the week leading up to a Championship we had band practice every night. I also worked 3 days. I did make it into the city on my days off. I bought the new Spain soccer jersey so I'm ready for the World Cup. I picked up more trade paperbacks which were, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Thor disassembled, Fantastic Four 1234, I can't believe it's not the Justice League, and Ocean. Ocean was okay, and I'm on Winter Soldier which freaking rocks. No wonder Wizard called Captain America the best book of 2005. It is really good so far. As for the contest on Saturday, the band tied for 1st but lost on ensemble preference. It's disappointing to lose when it's that close, but we played well which is important. We won best Drum Corp, so that was good. Yesterday I saw the DaVinci Code. Obviously it's not as good as the book, but I still thought it was okay. It's getting bad reviews, which I understand because some of the stuff is cheese, but I'm still glad I saw it. Ooh, before I'm done talking about comics I should mention 52. The 2nd issue was much better than the 1st. I'm still not sure if this thing is gonna succeed or flop on its ass, time will tell. Big Brother has started on TV over here, and it could be the best one yet. One of the contestants has tourettes, so he of course is my favourite. The guy is fucking hilarious. I'm waiting for him to start swearing when they're on live tv. It'll be great. I've also booked my flight home for the summer. I get back to Toronto June 28th and leave again July 18th, so it's almost 3 weeks.

Bizzle Out

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, you should have let me know about some of those trades - I could have loaned them to you (MK F4 1-4 now, Cap Winter Soldier when you returned).

What did you think of the very ending of DaVinci? I thiougth they didn't need to throw in the last shot. The book got it right be leaving a bit of ambiguity.

Sorry to hear about the championships. There were some pipers here playing on the street, trying to raise money to get to the "Scottish World Championship". Is there a seperate individual championship?

JayRo

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home